As a bride, I am sure you wish to look impeccable on your big day. Most women plan every single detail of their wedding day, from dress to hair to makeup to the décor. Most women experience significant breakouts just before their wedding day with all that stress. If you don’t want to end up with breakouts and blemishes on your big day, you need to follow your bridal skincare routine religiously. Radiant, healthy-looking, glowing skin requires serious hard work and dedication. But with the right products, it is achievable.
Pre-Wedding Bridal Skincare Routine
Flawless wedding skin begins with a solid bridal skincare regimen in place. You need to invest in a few fantastic skincare products that truly work for your skin. Moreover, no one likes to spend hours in the washroom. A simple but effective routine is the way to go.
Cleansing your skin daily will prevent breakouts and prevent the signs of premature aging. You can either go for an oil-based cleanser or a water one based on your skin type. The goal is to remove makeup, dirt, and excess oil from your face without making your skin incredibly dry. You can try oil cleansing first, followed by a water-based cleanser. In the morning, you can use any gentle cleanser. Biologique Recherche Lait U is an amazing cleansing milk that suits all skin types. It gently removes the dirt and makeup while safeguarding the barrier function and protecting the skin’s hydrolipidic film. The formula is incredible, light, and leaves your skin looking fresh.
Regular exfoliation is the next most crucial step in achieving fresh and glowing skin. If you choose the right product, it will buff away dead skin cells, clean your pores of debris and dirt, and prepare your skin to absorb all the goodness of products. With time, your skin will get brighter and better. Based on your skin type, you can alter your exfoliation routine. As a general rule of thumb, it is recommended to buff away dead skin cells once to twice a week with the help of a quality skin exfoliator. Lotion P50 is a fantastic exfoliator that suits all skin types and will surely transform your skin for good.
It is crucial to hydrate your skin every single day. It is the most misunderstood yet undervalued step in most people’s skincare routine. If your skin is well hydrated, it will look plump and glowy and prevent premature aging. And hydrating products are different than moisturizers. Generally, adding a hyaluronic acid serum works wonders for your skin’s hydration.
One thing which we all need in our skincare routines is a good quality moisturizer. There are different moisturizers for different skin concerns and types. A moisturizer for dry skin will look and feel very different than how a moisturizer for oily skin will look. You might want to invest in a moisturizer that contains SPF. Or top it off with another SPF. The moisturizer you use at night needs to be rich and healing so it can work its magic while you sleep. Dr. Barbara Sturm Clarifying Face Cream is an amazing product to try out.
BR Bridal Skincare Routine for Glowing Skin
One Year Out
- Find a dermatologist. We recommend finding a dermatologist at least a year in advance. Finding a professional will help you beyond measure. They will access your skin to see the current state and devise a suitable solution for you. You’ll have a whole year to work on your skin, so you don’t have any regrets on your big day. Moreover, if any treatments require a substantial healing period, you can get them done in advance.
- Manage your stress levels. Stress is the most prevalent cause of last-minute breakouts. All the stress hormones will play havoc on your skin. Hence, it is better to control your stress in advance. Try meditating, practice breathing techniques, and journaling. It is not skincare-related but hands down one of the best things you can do for your skin.
- Implement double cleansing. Experts agree that double cleansing is one of the best ways to achieve clear skin. If you haven’t implemented this one already, implement it now. Get yourself a good old oil cleanser and a face wash that suits your skin type.
Nine Months Out
- Retinol and hyaluronic acid. Add Retinol & Hyaluronic Acid to your routine when you are nine months out. Retinol will make your skin look youthful, and hyaluronic acid will add a much-needed boost of hydration. Wear SPF during the day while using retinol; otherwise, it can irritate your skin. Always apply hyaluronic acid on slightly damp skin to get the maximum results.
- Get regular facials. If you haven’t been too keen on facials, it is time to get them done regularly. You can get acne facials, hydra facials, facials for calming down redness, or any other facial that suits your skin concerns. Talk to your dermatologist about which type of facials will suit your skin best.
Six Months Out
- Drink more water. No amount of skincare you do on the outside can replace what you put inside your body. If you are not a fan of drinking water, it is time to change that habit. Aim at consuming 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, and limit caffeinated beverages to see your skin glow from within.
- Reduce processed food intake. Your diet needs to include lots of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats and carbs, and proteins. Reduce the intake of processed foods. Try to eat home-cooked meals as often as you can. When you focus on eating healthy, your skin will slowly transform.
Two Months Out
- Professional treatments. Get your last professional treatment, whether it be a chemical peel or laser skin resurfacing, before two months. It will give your skin the time to heal and recover so you look your best on your big day. In some cases, the side effects linger for much longer. Hence, it is recommended to cut off the treatments before the two-month marker.
- Keep it simple. This is when you don’t want to experiment too much with your skin. Stick to the skincare products that have been working for you. Do not try the next best mask and that trending peel on the market. It is time to maintain your skin, not try anything new.
One Week Out
- Massage your face. Get your hands on a good old facial roller. It will help drain the excess fluid from your face and make it look less puffy. It will boost blood circulation and make your skin look smoother and firmer on your wedding day. A bonus tip is to place your roller in the fridge to make the experience way more relaxing.
Live Happily Ever After
I hope you found this post helpful. Congratulations on the wedding and I know you will surely make the most beautiful bride ever.