Everyone wants to hold off the signs of aging for as long as possible, and over the years, some pretty impressive anti-aging remedies have been used. These have included crocodile dung (yuck!), mercury (yikes!), and many other substances. Today, some people use creams containing placenta. Yes, that is the network of blood vessels that keeps a fetus (human or another mammal) alive in the womb. Biologique Recherche’s Serum Placenta is a product that can help you look younger by brightening and firming up your skin.
It reduces acne and can also lighten hyperpigmentation that naturally occurs as part of the aging process. It will even lessen those under-eye circles that make you look tired. It’s best used with its sister product, Creme Placenta, also by Biologique Recherche. Elizabeth Olsen, star of Avengers: End Game, swears by this remedy for acne marks and aging signs. Please keep reading to learn more about how it works as well as some other anti-aging tips.
How Do You Use Placenta Products?
Placenta serums and cremes are easy to use. Wash your face, neck, and cleavage area, dry, and apply. You will notice that it soaks in quickly thanks to its water base. These products will hydrate your skin, and you will see a brightening and a firmer texture quickly.
You will want to apply these after washing and toning and before putting on additional moisturizer and sunscreen. It is important to layer your products in the right order for the most benefits. You can use these products in the morning, at night, or both.
Why Does Placenta Work?
First, do not be squeamish. The placental proteins used in serum and creme placenta bear no resemblance to their source; they are extracted from placentas, but they do not look, feel, or smell different from other skincare products.
Placenta, whether from sheep or humans, contains stem cells and proteins that help build up the skin. These cells encourage skin cell turnover, helping your body naturally defeat acne and replace hyperpigmented cells with those that are not darkened.
Also, these products contain nutrients, minerals, and amino acids. They promote the production of collagen, which fills in fine lines and wrinkles, too. It all adds up to a veritable “fountain of youth” that will keep your skin looking and feeling fabulous.
Are There Side Effects?
As with any skincare product, some people will be sensitive to creme placenta-based products. It is best to start with using it just once per week until you see how you react. For most people, there will be no issues. If you have sensitive skin and you notice redness or irritation, use it less often. If the irritation does not go away, you can consult with a beautician or a dermatologist. For most people, the products will cause no problems whatsoever.
Other Ways to Slow the Aging Process
Keeping your skin looking soft and supple will help you to stay looking younger, longer. Here are some ways you can protect your skin and enjoy a youthful glow for years to come.
- Wear your sunscreen. The sun’s UV rays contribute to hyperpigmentation (age spots) and redness and wrinkles. Of course, they can also raise your risk of developing skin cancer, including deadly melanoma. Wearing sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 will go far in blocking those rays and keeping your skin looking young.
- Wash your face correctly. Use lukewarm (not hot) water and a gentle touch. No need for harsh scrubbing, and do not use a coarse washcloth on your face and decolletage area. The pads of your fingers offer enough friction to rub in a gentle cleanser, and then you can splash cold water onto your skin to thoroughly rinse it away. Pat dry with a soft towel; do not rub. Do this only twice per day unless you get dirty or sweaty in the middle of the day.
- Keep your skin moisturized. Use a moisturizing lotion that is appropriate for your skin type. You can also use a separate eye cream around your eyes. Remember to apply gently. Consider using your ring finger to apply the cream around your eyes, which tends to use the least pressure.
- Hydrate from the outside in. Drink your water! The consensus is that eight glasses of water per day will do, but you will probably need more if you are active or live in a hot climate. You will know when you are hydrated enough when your urine is a pale-yellow color. Making sure to drink enough water will keep your skin feeling more supple, and it will also encourage your body to flush out toxins from the environment.
- Exercise regularly. Getting your heart rate up with exercise helps increase circulation to your skin. This, in turn, encourages cell turnover. If you are working up a sweat, be sure to clean your skin afterward. And if you are exercising outdoors, avoid doing so when the sun is at its strongest (between 10 am and 3 pm most of the year in most places).
- Eat a healthy diet. A steady diet of sugary or salty foods will not help your skin to look its best. Instead, focus on eating fruits and vegetables, lean dairy and protein, and whole grains. The healthier you are overall, the better and younger your skin will look.
- Do not smoke or drink excessively. Both can wreak havoc on the skin. If you are having trouble giving up unhealthy vices, talk to your doctor about ways to cut back or stop.
When you combine healthy lifestyle choices with products such as serum or creme placenta, you will be able to enjoy softer, more supple skin that looks younger than you are. Check out Biologique Recherche’s Serum Placenta to see if it’s the right addition to your skincare regimen.