Biologique Recherche has gained a lot of popularity for all the right reasons. One of the many products I tried and loved from the range is the Lait U milk cleanser. This was the second product I added to my stash after becoming obsessed with the Lotion P50. I was hunting for a low pH cleanser, and Biologique Recherche specialists at Ciel Spa recommended Lait U milk cleanser. So, I thought of giving it a chance.
What Is Biologique Recherche Lait U Milk Cleanser?
Think of it as a super moisturizing cream cleanser and a makeup remover in one. It cleanses your skin of dirt, impurities, and makeup, without dehydrating it. It works well for normal, combination, and seborrheic skin types.
Lait U milk cleanser contains the following ingredients:
- Water (Aqua)
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
- Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate
- Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil
- Pentylene Glycol
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil
- Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Retinyl Palmitate
- Ethyl Oleate Ethyl Linoleate
- Peanut Oil (Arachis Hypogaea)
- Ethyl Linolenate
- Caprylyl Glycol
- P-Anisic Acid
- Cetearyl Isononanoate
- Glyceryl Stearate
- C13-14 Isoparaffin
- P-20 Glyceryl Stearate
- Ceteareth 20
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Cetyl Palmitate
If you have dry, sensitive skin, you will adore this product. It is free from any fragrance and packed with unique moisturizing ingredients. The low pH is undoubtedly one of the high points of this cleanser for me. The following ingredients genuinely make Lait U milk cleanser an influential product:
- SQUALANE: The hydrogenated form, squalene is a shelf-stable ingredient. Your skin naturally produces squalane when you are young, and it is one of the essential elements of human sebum. However, the production lowers and diminishes drastically as soon as we hit 30, which is one of the major causes of dehydrated skin in adults. Think of it as an oil with a very light texture. It gets easily absorbed into your skin and possesses exceptional moisturizing, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties. Squalane is sourced from dark olives or shark liver.
- AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL: We all know the goodness of sweet almond oil. It is a rich emollient containing many fatty acids such as oleic, linoleic, and palmitic acid. This ingredient alone will have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and moisturizing effects and is rich in Vitamin A, E, and B vitamins (all of them work in your favor).
- TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT: As evident from the name, the ingredient extracted from the wheat plant is a rich source of Vitamin D, E, and plenty of B vitamins. It possesses plenty of antioxidant properties and has emollient and humectant moisturizing benefits. With plenty of antioxidant benefits, it contains humectant and emollient, moisturizing properties.
- TOCOPHERYL ACETATE: It is a very stable form of Vitamin E. It contains Tocopherol and acetic acid, is less acidic, and is more durable than regular Tocopherol. The ingredient has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing benefits. It’s highly bioavailable when applied topically to the skin.
Lait U Milk Cleanser Performance
Let’s discuss the performance in detail:
- APPEARANCE: Biologique Recherche Lait U milk cleanser comes in a white plastic bottle with a simple label. The packaging is quite similar to that of the Lotion P50. The dispenser is a small piece of plastic but quite functional. I would personally love it more if it had a pump. The cleanser itself has a cream consistency over milk. The product has a bright, white, thick lotion-like consistency.
- PH: The cleanser has an acidic pH of less than 6.0 or lower.
- SMELL: The product doesn’t have any fragrance. If you concentrate hard, you can smell something very slight plant-like scent.
- APPLICATION: I use this cleanser in the morning. Sometimes, I also use it in the evening. The cleanser can be used as a makeup remover as well. However, I like to use it after I have removed my makeup. I take a cherry-sized amount of cleanser into my hands before massaging it into my skin. I wet my hands and massage my skin. You can also apply it to damp skin. Let the water emulsify into your skin before rinsing it away.
- RESULTS: Try this one if you have never been keen on milk cleansers. I was personally under the impression that they weren’t for me for the longest time — however, I loved this one. The cleanser does a great job of moisturizing and cleansing your skin simultaneously. The product is best suited for normal, dry, and combination skin types. If you have oily skin, it can get a bit too moisturizing.
The texture is rich and luxurious, making the application a very pleasurable experience. The product is non-irritating and does not strip your skin of essential oils. The low pH ensures that your skin’s moisture barrier isn’t compromised. It will take time to work its magic and isn’t as quick as cleansing oil or a makeup remover. I like using it after I have removed my makeup. Although, you can use it without removing your makeup.
The product is ideal for traveling as you don’t want to be carrying a bunch of cleansing products into your stash while traveling. I have been using it for the past four months and have never experienced any breakouts ever since, and my skin honestly feels impeccable. It has become a staple product in my cleansing stash. My overall verdict is that it is a great cleansing product, especially for dry and sensitive skin types. Please let us know in the comments section below if you have any questions.