The Ultimate Guide to Quintessential Serums
When developing your perfect skincare routine, you will undoubtedly consider several different types of serum. Serums are lightweight moisturizers that you will apply after cleaning your face before putting on your daily (or nightly) moisturizer. Serums are designed to address specific concerns, like wrinkles, hydration, or flaky skin. Biologique Recherche’s line of Quintessential Serums is specialized formulations that contain only amino acids, short peptides, and minimal preservatives to keep products fresh and shelf-stable.
Quintessential Serums for Every Skin Type
Depending on your skin’s needs, you can use one serum at a time or mix them. Your clinician will be able to tell you which one(s) you might consider for your unique needs, but in the meantime, here’s some information about the most popular Quintessential Serums.
1. Collagene Marin
If you are looking for facial toning and want to minimize your pores, consider Collagene Marin. This serum will firm up your skin and tighten up your pores, leaving your skin feeling smooth and supple. It is ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin. You can use it not only on your face but also on your neck and the decolletage area to firm up wrinkles.
2. Complexe Iribiol
Do you struggle with acne and other inflammatory conditions? If so, Complexe Iribiol might be what you are searching for. It contains zinc and iris extracts, which reduce bacteria and tackle skin imperfections and acne lesions. This serum is usually used in the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) to control extra oil and acne.
3. Oligo-Proteines Marines
Those with dry or dull skin will appreciate the soothing and calming effects of Oligo-Proteines Marines. It will revitalize your skin, leaving it toned and brightened. If you smoke, your skin is likely dehydrated and suffering; this serum is excellent for smokers or those living with smokers and suffering the effects of secondhand smoke. It contains algae extracts to brighten and nourish the skin naturally.
All of us want to postpone the aging process as much as possible, and Elastine can help. This serum can gently reduce and prevent fine lines and wrinkles, giving you the appearance of youth. The elastin can keep your skin supple and smooth.
5. Extraits Tissulaires
Extraits Tissulaires is a serum for stressed skin. If yours is dry, chapped, or breaking out with acne, you can use this soothing serum to calm it down. You can also use it as preparation for more intensive treatments. Your skin will be rejuvenated after using this serum regularly.
Those with mature skin needing the ultimate in hydration would do well to consider Colostrum. This serum plumps up the skin and adds elasticity, minimizing wrinkles and dryness. Note that you’ll need to keep this serum in the refrigerator once it’s opened.
Do you have large pores? Dermopore will help tighten them, leaving your skin looking and feeling smoother and giving you a better base for makeup, should you care to use it. Your complexion will look more even, and the texture will look great, however, so you might not need makeup at all!
A-Glyca is another serum made for mature skin. It can help stave off wrinkles by reducing the skin’s production of excess sugars that lead to fine lines. Those with mature skin will find this one useful.
Tips for Choosing and Using Quintessential Serums
When using Quintessential Serums, you’ll want to talk to your skin consultant to determine which products are right for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you use them:
- Use more than one serum, if desired. You can mix serums (or we can do it for you) or use serums on different areas of your face. For example, if you have oily skin in your T-zone and dry skin on your cheeks, you might choose two different serums to address those two concerns.
- Follow instructions for use. Some of these serums need to be stored in the refrigerator, while others can be kept at room temperature. Some require only one or two drops to be used, while others will recommend using eight or ten drops (or more). Some go mainly around the eye area, while others can be spread down toward your cleavage. Be sure you know which type you are using to follow the instructions for the best results.
- Use serums right after cleansing and exfoliating. It’s important to use your skin care products in the correct order. When it comes to serums, you want to apply them directly after washing your face and, if you are doing so that day, exfoliating. The serum will go on before any other moisturizers. The reason for this is that moisturizers, by their very nature, create a barrier between your skin and the air, so your serum will not absorb properly if you place it on top of that barrier.
- Apply to damp skin. After washing your face (which you should be doing with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser), leave it slightly damp, then apply your serum. You can pat it dry gently to remove big droplets of water, but don’t let your skin completely dry before putting on the serum. Using it on damp skin will help it absorb better into your skin.
- Follow up with a great moisturizer. Realize that your serum can’t do the entire job of hydrating your skin on its own. It provides a good base, but it isn’t going to act as a moisturizer. After applying your serum, let it soak in, then go ahead and use your high-quality moisturizer to lock in all of the goodness. After your moisturizer soaks in, you can apply makeup as desired.
Talk to your beauty consultant about the right serums for your skin. Remember that you can use more than one and that the Quintessential Serums are just one part of your skincare routine.
Leave a Comment