You have heard it before, and you will listen to (or maybe read) it again: ‘cleansing, toning, and moisturizing are essential for happy, healthy skin.’ these three steps have been essential to skincare routines for decades. While most people do cleanse and moisturize daily, they often skip the toning part. If you want impeccable skin, you shouldn’t be doing it. First, let’s discuss what face toner is and its importance.
What Does Face Toner Do?
Face toner is a water-based product designed to remove any leftover dirt, makeup, and oil that might be left after cleansing. This product is meant to be used before a moisturizer or a serum. It also helps close the pores and brighten your skin over time.
Different Types of Face Toners
Mainly, face toners fall into two categories:
Balancing toner is designed to balance the pH while hydrating and soothing your skin and is more suited for dry skin types. They can also be used twice a day.
Astringent toner is for people with acne, oily, and combination skin types. Most of them are exfoliating in nature and are made up of exfoliating acids such as AHAs, BHAs, and more. Then gently exfoliate the skin without causing any irritation and sensitivity. However, these aren’t meant to be used twice a day. It is best to use them a couple of times a week. Otherwise, they can disrupt your significant skin barrier and make your skin dehydrated.
What Can Face Toner Do for You?
Well, face toner prepares your skin for all the fantastic serums and creams you will put on top. Based on the ingredients, it balances your skin’s pH levels and brings it back to the acidic state, preventing acne and other skin problems. It is undoubtedly a necessary part of your skincare routine. Most people are concerned about whether it is essential or optional.
P50V Lotion’s Skin-Balancing, Pore-Reducing Magic
P50V lotion is a vitamin-enriched exfoliating lotion that gently purifies, mattifies, moisturizes, and rebalances the pH of the epidermis. However, it does much more than conventional face toner.
Benefits of P50V Lotion
It offers the following benefits:
- Removes dead skin cells.
- Eliminates impurities on the skin.
- Purifies and regulates sebum secretion.
- It gets rid of dead skin cells.
- Purifies and regulates the sebum secretion process.
- Enhances epidermal renewal.
- Improves and strengthens skin.
- Improve the quality of the epidermis.
- Hydrates the top layers of the skin.
- Balances skin pH.
- Enhances the efficacy of the other Biologique Recherche products.
P50V Lotion Ingredients
Exfoliating/moisturizing/reconditioning active ingredients:
- Cider Vinegar
- Phytic Acid
Purifying/sebum regulation active ingredients:
- Magnesium Chloride
- Vitamin B3 (or PP)
- Myrrh and Myrtle Extracts
- Thyme Essential Oil
Smoothing/toning active ingredients:
- Natural Sponge
- Walnut Extracts
Using P50V Lotion
- First, remove all the dirt and makeup off your face and pat dry.
- If your skin isn’t used to chemical exfoliants, saturate moistened (first, wet the cotton pad with water) cotton pads with P50V lotion and swipe across the face, neck, and decolletage.
- The water will dilute the acid until your skin becomes used to it.
This product is meant for external use only. Avoid using it on children. Do not apply P50V lotion to cracked, scratched, and irritated skin. If you are currently using a product with retinoic acid, do not use P50 at the same time. Avoid getting the product into your eyes. If, by accident, it does, rinse your eyes thoroughly for 1 to 2 minutes. Always apply sunscreen while using this product.
Will P50V Lotion Work for All Skin Types?
Yes, it will work for all skin types, even those who haven’t indulged or invested in a face toner. It is a vitamin-enriched lotion that will rebalance your skin instead of striping it of essential moisture. Anyone can comfortably use it without worrying about causing any irritation to their skin. Make sure to start slow as instructed and gradually build up the usage. Always wear sunscreen during the daytime when you are using this product.
- Face toners are an essential part of any skincare routine.
- P50V lotion is a vitamin-enriched formula that is suited for all skin types.
- Use it 3 to 4 times per day in the beginning till your skin gets used to it.
- Say hi to better, brighter, and healthier skin.
- Top it off with a high-quality serum and product of your choice.
If you have any questions about using P50V lotion or face toners in general, contact us!